- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
PAOK targeting January move for Tal Ben Haim
- Updated: October 30, 2012
Former Portmsouth and Chelsea defender Tal Ben Haim is reportedly one of PAOK’s primary targets ahead of the January transfer window.
The 30 year-old Israel international is the latest high profile name to be linked with a move to the resurgent Greek club.
Only recently it was said that former AEK Athens star Nacho Scocco had been earmarked by the Thessaloniki outfit, who are now under the leadership of Russian businessman Ivan Savvidis.
The tobacco magnate has promised to provide funds for manager Giorgos Donis to use over the coming months, so that he can build the squad into one capable of challenging for domestic honours.
Ben Haim is a former teammate of Liam Lawrence – the two played together at Portsmouth – who himself signed for the club last summer.
Currently playing for Israeli Premier League side Beitar Jerusalem, Ben Haim will apparently demand an annual salary of €750,000 if he makes the move.