- Olympiacos 3-1 Anderlecht: Saviola brace helps Greek Champions clinch progress
- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
PAOK interested in former AEK star Scocco
- Updated: October 14, 2012
PAOK are reportedly interested in signing former AEK Athens star Nacho Scocco.
The 27 year-old is currently playing for home-town club Newell’s Old Boys and was called up to Argentina manager Alejandro Sabella’s squad for a recent friendly with Brazil (which was cancelled due to floodlight failure).
Under the leadership of Russian business magnate Ivan Savvidis, PAOK have already made contact with the winger, according to Greek newspaper Real News.
Savvidis recently completed a takeover of the club and is looking to return it to its former glory, with Scocco earmarked as a key target in the rebuilding process on the pitch.
The player himself apparently hasn’t ruled out a return to Greece and is open to the idea of playing under manager Giorgos Donis, who is expected to add to his squad during the January transfer window.
Scocco enjoyed a successful three-year spell at AEK, winning a Greek Cup at the club before moving to the United Arab Emirates to play for Al Ain.