- Olympiacos 3-1 Anderlecht: Saviola brace helps Greek Champions clinch progress
- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
Papadopoulos signs new Schalke contract
- Updated: September 30, 2012
Greece international Kyriakos Papadopoulos has signed a new contract at Schalke that will theoretically keep him at the club till 2016.
Since joining the Bundesliga outfit from Olympiacos two years ago, he has established himself as a key first-team player and one of Europe’s most sought-after young defenders.
The 20 year-old was subject to a bid by Russian club Zenit St. Petersburg during the summer but opted to stay in Germany.
“I feel very well in Schalke and look forward to playing for the club for many years to come,” he said of his recent contract extension.
Papadopoulos was a stand-out for Greece during their run to the Euro 2012 quarter-finals, subsequently attracting the attention of Italian giants AC Milan.