- Olympiacos 3-1 Anderlecht: Saviola brace helps Greek Champions clinch progress
- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
OFFICIAL: Alexandros Tziolis joins APOEL on loan from AS Monaco
- Updated: September 1, 2012
Alexandros Tziolis has joined APOEL on a one-year loan deal from Ligue 2 outfit AS Monaco the Cypriot side have confirmed via their official website.
“APOEL FC announces the agreement with international footballer Alexander Tziolis on a one-year contract,” read the official APOEL press release.
Tziolis joined Monaco last January as the Greek international arrived in the Principality on transfer from Racing Santander. Expected to make a name for himself in Ligue 2 along with Greece team-mate Giorgos Tzavellas, Tziolis was brought in to bolster the Monaco midfield.
Failing to make an impact and earn playing time, Tziolis was eventually left out of Greece’s UEFA EURO 2012 squad. The 27-year-old was however called up to Greece’s squad for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers against Latvia and Lithuania next weekend.