- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
Sialmas set to complete move to Azerbaijan
- Updated: August 24, 2012
Dimitris Sialmas is reportedly set to join Azerbaijani side FK Xazar Lankaran following his release from AEK earlier in the week. The 26-year-old has long been linked with a move to the Azerbaijan Premier League and could prove those rumours true as early as Friday afternoon.
According to reports emanating from Azerbaijan, Sialmas has already trained with Xazar Lankaran’s first team but will complete the formalities of the transfer on Friday when he meets with club officials.
Initial reports from Azerbaijan suggested that Sialmas was close to signing with Lankaran’s league rivals Inter Baku — the same side ousted from the UEFA Europa League by Asteras Tripolis last month. A breakdown in negotiations saw Sialmas opt to negotiate with Xazar Lankaran instead.