- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
OFFICIAL: Tzorvas traded to Genoa
- Updated: August 21, 2012
Alexandros Tzorvas has found a new home in Italy as the Greek ‘keeper has been packaged off to Genoa after just one season at Palermo.
Palermo’s official website confirmed the move, which sees Tzorvas join Genoa on a permanent deal while Palermo receive Steve von Bergen in exchange. Tzorvas will also be joined by Daniel Martinez at Genoa; however, unlike Tzorvas, Martinez only joins Genoa on loan.
A horrid start to his career abroad, Tzorvas was named among the worst transfers of the previous summer after struggling in net for the Sicilian club. A fresh move this off-season sees Tzorvas eye redemption with I Rossoblu.
The Greek international ‘keeper will back-up expected starter Sebastien Frey, while also competing with Canadian ‘keeper Robert Stillo for a spot on the bench.