- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
OFFICIAL: Everton complete move for Mirallas
- Updated: August 19, 2012
Everton have announced the capture of Olympiacos forward Kevin Mirallas on a transfer that is reported to cost the English side a whopping €7.64 million.
Mirallas arrived in England on Saturday in order to complete the deal, which had been reported by the English press since Monday. Despite confirming that Arsenal had approached the Belgian ace, Mirallas opted for Goodison Park where he will join international team-mate Marouane Fellaini and former Iraklis striker Apostolos Vellios.
A press release on Everton’s official website confirmed the move, which sees Mirallas sign-on with the Merseysiders on a four-year contract. In his first statements as an Everton player, Mirallas showed his excitement and determination to make the move to England.
“I’m very happy because Everton are a big club and this is a great opportunity for me. I know that by watching Everton and after some time talking with the coach, I decided to come to Everton because it represents the greatest opportunity for me ,” Mirallas told the Everton website.
Joining Olympiacos initially on loan from Saint-Etienne, Mirallas’ move to the port city was only made permanent last season. Leading the league in scoring with 20 goals, the Belgium international proved his worth as Olympiacos successfully defended their league triumph while also winning the Greek Cup.
Mirallas will be presented to the fans ahead of Everton’s fixture against Manchester United on Monday, but will watch the game from the stands as he looks to immerse himself in the Everton roster before making his debut — likely against Aston Villa next weekend.