- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
Everton set to complete swoop for Mirallas
- Updated: August 18, 2012
After a week of speculation it appears that Olympiacos striker Kevin Mirallas is finally set to sign with Everton as the Belgian ace is expected to complete a medical at Goodison Park before signing on with the Merseyside club this weekend.
In a move that is reportedly set to fetch Olympiacos €7.6 million in return, Mirallas will join Everton despite acknowledging interest from Premier League giants Arsenal.
Mirallas, last season’s leading scorer in the Super League, spoke positively about a move to Everton earlier in the week but hinted at his desire for Arsenal to continue their pursuit of his signature. A Belgium international, Mirallas will join colleague Marouane Fellaini at Goodison — the latter reportedly playing a key role in helping bring Mirallas to England.
Pressure is now on Olympiacos and their manager Leonardo Jardim as the
Greek Champions look to fill the void following Mirallas’ departure. Early reports indicate that Olympiacos will look to lure Adelinho Vierinha back to Greece while some media outlets have gone as far as report an interest in Mexican play-maker Giovani dos Santos.