- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
OFFICIAL: Olympiacos sign Paulo Machado on three-year deal
- Updated: August 15, 2012
Greek Champions Olympiacos have announced the acquisition of Paulo Machado on a transfer from Toulouse which is said to be worth an estimated €2.7 million.
The Portuguese midfielder arrived in Greece on Sunday night and after completing a medical at the team’s offices on Monday, Machado was finally presented to the Greek press on Tuesday. A press release on Olympiacos’ official website confirmed the acquisition of Machado, who has arrived in the Port City on a three-year deal.
Speaking with Olympiacos TV following a photo-op in the Piraeus harbor, Machado spoke about his desire to come to Greece and his commitment to the project ongoing at the club — which is now under the guidance of countryman Leonardo Jardim.
“I am delighted to sign for Olympiacos and have come here to win trophies,” said Machado, capped four times by Portugal. “I will work hard to help my team achieve their goals.”
Machado also featured in Olympiacos’ training at the Renti training grounds on Tuesday, where it didn’t take long for the 26-year-old to find his feet as he scored a goal in a light scrimmage. Olympiacos are next in action against Napoli on 19 August before opening up their Super League campaign on the road against Veria a week later.