- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
OFFICIAL: Livorno land Gentsoglou on loan
- Updated: August 14, 2012
Livorno have revealed that they have signed former AEK midfielder Savvas Gentsoglou on loan from Serie A side Sampdoria. The Tuscan outfit finished a disappointing 17th in the Serie B last season despite only being relegated to the second tier in 2010.
A press release on Livorno’s official website confirmed the loan which will last the entire 2012/2013 season and will come with an option to buy should the former Greece U-21 captain impress at the Stadio Armando Picchi.
Gentsoglou secured a move to Sampdoria last January after a bright start to the 2011/2012 season with AEK. A product of the AEK youth ranks, Gentsoglou made 45 appearances in six seasons with the Enosi before moving across the Adriatic Sea to Italy. In what was a bizarre twist, Gentsoglou didn’t make a single appearance for Sampdoria after arriving at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.
The 21-year-old goes on loan just as Sampdoria secured a return to the Serie A after a brief stint in the second division. Gentsoglou will join Vangelis Moras, who signed with Hellas Verona earlier this month, as adversaries in Serie B.