- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
Liam Lawrence set to sign for PAOK
- Updated: August 13, 2012
PAOK are set to complete the signing of former Stoke City and Portsmouth midfielder Liam Lawrence.
The Republic of Ireland international has arrived in Thessaloniki to put pen to paper on a two-year deal with the Super League club, according to widespread media reports in Greece.
He will join on a free transfer after being released by financially embattled Portsmouth.
PAOK were recently taken over by Russian tobacco magnate Ivan Savvidis and they are looking to rebuild themselves into a powerhouse of the Greek game under his stewardship.
Manager Giorgos Donis will also welcome Brazilian defender Matheus Croadini Vivian to the club this week but it is the acquisition of Lawrence which will make headlines.
The 30 year-old winger is a veteran of the English Premier League and has also played for Sunderland in the past. He spent the second half of last season on-loan at Cardiff City.