- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
- Arsenal keeping tabs on Olympiacos striker Kostas Mitroglou
Koutsianikoulis wants AEK Athens move
- Updated: August 13, 2012
AEK Athens are looking to sign former Greek youth international and PAOK winger Vasilios Koutsianikoulis.
The 23 year-old is keen to join Vangelis Vlachos’ side according to AEK president Thomas Mavros, who confirmed he has met with the player’s manager.
Mavros will discuss the move with Vlachos, who will be desperate to strengthen a squad decimated by the departure of a raft of key figures this summer.
In an attempt to address their debts and financial troubles, AEK have been forced to off-load a number of first-team stars.
Koutsianikoulis was once one of the hottest prospects in Greek football when he burst onto the scene with Ergotelis.
A string of impressive performances with the Cretan club earned him a national team call-up under Otto Rehhagel, though his career has since plateaued.
Meanwhile, Portugal international Paulo Machado has arrived in Greece and will sign with reigning champions Olympiacos. The 26 year-old midfielder last played for French club Toulouse.