- Olympiacos 3-1 Anderlecht: Saviola brace helps Greek Champions clinch progress
- Greek Cup Preview: Super League clubs eye progress
- Greece await World Rankings, final play-off seedings
- Greece 2-0 Liechtenstein: Play-offs beckon for Greece despite Liechtenstein win
- Greeks in Europe: Rough start to Champions League group stage for Greeks Abroad
- Olympiacos focused on positives after PSG defeat
- Olympiacos 1-4 Paris St. Germain: Motta brace breaks Olympiacos’ hearts
- Greece 1-0 Latvia: Salpingidis keeps Greece on track
Tachtsidis dazzles in Roma debut (video)
- Updated: July 23, 2012
The Greek youngster enjoyed a memorable debut for his new employers just days after penning a five-year contract with the Italian side…
Making his debut for Roma in Sunday’s pre-season friendly against Zaglebie Lubin, Panagiotis Tachtsidis dazzled as he and the rest of the Giallorossi stormed off to a convincing 4-0 win at Wrigley Field in Chicago, USA.
The former AEK midfielder was only acquired by Roma in co-ownership deal with Genoa last week, but it didn’t take long for Tachtsidis to find his groove with his new colleagues.
His first notable contribution in a Roma jersey came when he spotted Bojan Krkic in space, allowing the Serbian to pick out Pablo Osvaldo for Roma’s opener in the Windy City. Tachtsidis’ best contribution on the night, however, was his goal midway through the first half. Smart play off the ball allowed the 21-year-old to steal the ball off his opponent, before making a run towards the Lubin net. Instead of challenging his markers, Tachtsidis placed a lofted finish into the back of the net — earning him plenty of ovation from his team-mates and the Chicago crowd.